Stephanie Binder Young Professional Award, 2015
Sponsored by: HFES-STTG (Human Factors & Ergonomics Society - Surface Transportation Technical Group)
Stephanie Binder was 35 years old when she tragically passed away in 2011. She was a human factors engineer at NHTSA and played a vital role in the Department’s efforts to combat distracted driving. She was the primary author of NHTSA’s overall driver distraction plan, and played a leading role in both of the USDOT’s Distracted Driving Summits.
To honor Stephanie’s memory and her impact on the field, the Surface Transportation Technical Group (STTG) of the Human Factors & Ergonomics Society (HFES) confers an annual Young Professional Award to a young human factors professional who demonstrates outstanding contribution to transportation human factors.
Nominations are now open for the 2015 award.
- 35 years old or younger (as of date of nomination).
- Employed full time (in academia, industry, or government) in a surface transportation related field for at least two years.
- Research: Advancing transportation human factors as demonstrated by journal articles, conference proceedings, technical reports, or product releases
- Outreach/Education: Demonstration of service to the human factors community. Examples include outreach to K-12, college students, or human factors professionals; workshops/seminars to the human factors community.
- Other significant contributions to the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society or other professional/technical societies.
Nominees can directly apply or be nominated by a colleague. To submit a nomination, please include:
- A brief summary of the nominee’s qualifications, including three reasons for consideration.
- A curriculum vitae, resume, or comprehensive bio-sketch of the nominee, including names of at least two references.
Awards will be conferred at the Annual Business Meeting of the HFES-STTG on Oct 28, 2015, at the HFES Annual Conference in Los Angeles.
Nominations accepted until Wednesday,
October 21st, 2015
Please email nominations or questions to: Linda Ng Boyle (email@example.com), Chris Monk (firstname.lastname@example.org), Anuj K Pradhan (email@example.com)